Cakes, Flowers and Turtles

These are native Anemone wind flowers and I love how the white and purple popped up 
together.  They close up on windy cloudy days though.



It's such a wonderful time of year as more and more
 spring flowers are coming out.  I made myself a hummingbird
cake and used the pretty and edible Henbit to top the cream cheese
frosting. A week later I made my mom a Java Birthday cake and
decorated with the tiny, edible Johnny Jump Ups.  I poured 
chocolate sauce on this cake (just melted together butter and 
semisweet chocolate).

This is the third turtle I have found in recent times.  This baby was on the 
front neighborhood street, and I just relocated it to the Prairie Hill and 
ponds out back.
The first find was the baby turtle on the Galveston beach.
And the second turtle, was a sterling silver turtle pendant I found at 
school and I made every effort to find its owner.  
The turtle keeps crossing my path this year.

Live long little turtle...

Comments

  1. The cakes look fabulous! <3 Thank you, dear Sandra, I got your letter with the seeds, but I fear something went wrong with the seeds and they got smashed on the post way, maybe some heavier post was laying on the letter, I don't know, the little plastic bag is full of green strange liquid. Or is that normal? Much love, Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts