The Dog Tooth Sign


It's such a thrill for me to see the first Dog Tooth Lilies appear - they usual signal the end of winter
and start of spring around here!! We had a huge storm last night, and today they dared to appear.



I explored in a new area and found several animal bones and skulls. 
I get excited when I see a 'white object' in the grass- yup it's usually a skull.
Soon I'll stop walking in the midst of fields (off trail) because the snakes will become active.
Just thinking about last year,  I actually encountered two rattlesnakes on the trails!
The bike will be a good option too! lol

I'm happy that spring is coming!
Are there signs of spring in your area?

 

Comments

  1. Some days ago I was searching for the first snow drops in our surrounding, but was not very successful, we still have too many frosts, but it can not take very long anymore. But I also found some skeletons, but sadly the skull was missing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts